ASA 114 Cruising Catamarans
,We are often asked which is better: a monohull or a catamaran? The answer is neither one is better or worse than the other, they are just different; each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
We understand the differences, and can teach you how to handle a cruising cat both sailing and in managing in a tight marina environment. This course will involve learning close-quarter maneuvering, reefing, man-overboard, sailing a catamaran, managing the boat systems; and a myriad of catamaran specific techniques to help you become familiar with this wonderful cruising platform.
We will offer a three day ASA 114 Cruising Catamaran course
You can add ASA 104 to the Cruising Catamaran course on the above dates to make it a 104/114 combination course, totaling five days of instruction. The cost is an additional $1,000 for one or $1,500 for two (meaning a total of $2,500 for one person or $4,000 for two).
2021 Course dates
- May 15/16/17th on a 40 or 42′ catamaran
- May 18 – 22nd 104/114 on a 40 or 42′ catamaran
- Aug. 7 – 9th ASA 114 on a 40 or 42′ catamaran
- Aug. 10 – 14th ASA 104/114 on a 40 or 42′ catamaran
- Flotilla: September 11 – 18th ending on the weekend of the Newport Boat Show
About The Course:
- Students may register for 114 alone or a 104/114 combo spanning five days
- Each class has a minimum of four students and a maximum of five
- ASA 114: $1,500 for one or $2,500 for two in a double-cabin
- ASA 104/114: Add $1,000 for one or $1,500 for two
- Flotilla: $3,000 per person or $4000 for two (shared cabin) with private head