Boat Systems Course
There are dozens of questions you may have about maintaining your boat…
- What pieces of a head need regular servicing?
- How does the steering work and how do you adjust the cables?
- What does a winch look like inside?
- How do you tune a rig?
This course goes over the basic systems of a boat including the galley systems, mechanical systems, rigging, steering, and the plumbing system. We look at different kinds of pumps the boat uses for different applications.
We have several boats available to look at for this course, so you can understand different approaches to solve different system challenges, as well as various system pieces disassembled to understand their workings.
About The Course:
- Students will register for two 7-hour days
- Each class has a minimum of three students and a maximum of six
- $495 per person
Special Package Pricing for Diesel, Boat Systems and Marine Electrical 15% OFF when all three are paid and taken in the same year.
FIVE DAY Diesel/Boat System-spring commissioning and fall decommissioning of boats.
- 2 day Diesel class followed by three days of learning hands on boat system’s and how to commission your boat in the spring and decommission in the fall. Preventive maintenance is key to smooth sailing:)
- Class has a minimum of three students and maximum of four
- $1000 per person
Offered two times a year: March 25 to March 29th Spring Commissioning
October 21 to October 25th Fall decommissioning