Custom Cruising Experiences For Rigorous Learning
All of our Cruising Experiences consist of a significant sailing trip where you will be exposed to many challenges under the leadership of a senior ASA captain/instructor. We take five days and take a serious trip out to Martha’s Vineyard and the islands. We go into a number of different harbors, practicing piloting and advanced navigation, do an overnight passage with watch keeping, and cover subjects like sail trim, weather and dinghy management. We get into chart-plotter usage and radar.
All these cruising experiences are priced for $2,000 for one or $3,500 for two sharing a cabin. ASA 108 Offshore Passage-making costs $3600 for one or $5000 for two
ASA 106 Advanced Coastal Cruising certification or ASA 114 Cruising Catamaran certification are both optional at an additional cost of $500.
- May 17 – May 21st Martha’s Vineyard and islands
- May 17th ASA 108–BVI to Bermuda (2018 Jeanneau 51′) FULL
- May 19th Cruising experience from BVI to Bermuda (2018 Lucia 40′ catamaran)
- May 31st ASA 108–Bermuda to RI (2018 Jeanneau 51′)
- May 31st Cruising experience from BVI to Bermuda (2018 Lucia 40′ catamaran)
- June 21 – June 25th Martha’s Vineyard and islands
- July 26 – July 30th Martha’s Vineyard and islands
- Aug. 19 – Aug. 23rd Martha’s Vineyard and islands
- Sept. 7 – Sept. 14th FLOTILLA–Martha’s Vineyard and islands
FLOTILLA, a 7-day trip out to Martha’s Vineyard and the islands:
A flotilla is a group of charter boats that travel a shared itinerary. Our flotilla is led by an expert who knows the local waters well. You can either captain one of our charter boats or rent a cabin with one of our captains on either a Catamaran or a monohull. Learn more about this trip here.
The plan is to take a 2018 Jeanneau 51 and have two separate courses on a trip from the Caribbean to Rhode Island. One course will gather in Saint Thomas flying in on Friday, May 17 and spend a couple of days in preparation. Then leave when appropriate, sailing 900 miles to Bermuda arriving somewhere around the 26th of May. Then have a second course gathering in Bermuda May 31 sailing 700 miles, across the Gulf Stream to Narragansett Bay arriving around June 7 or so. We also are sailing a 2018 Lucia 40 catamaran up from the BVI. We are not sure of the dates of that one yet, but will be pretty similar timing. These two boats will go back to the BVI’s in late fall, so let us know if that interests you.